This conference will give you a variety of topics to help you improve your indexing practice and make your business thrive, including:
- Creating an award-winning index, from a panel of Ewart-Daveluy award winners
- Editing your index to take it to the next level
- Building client relationships
- Quoting on projects
- The new NISO standard for indexes (NISO is the National Information Standards Organization)
- And more
As well, we will have
- Keynote speaker Raegan Swanson from The ArQuives (The Canadian Lesbian + Gay Archives)
- Jenny Higgins, former Wikipedian-in-Residence at Memorial University in Newfoundland
- Announcement of the winner of the Ewart-Daveluy Award for Indexing Excellence
Each day there will be lots of fun activities to help you meet your fellow indexers.
Special for New Indexers
New indexers can register for the Fireside Chat hosted by Stephen Ullstrom and Margaret DeBoer. This group session is your opportunity to ask your burning questions on transitioning from student to practicing indexer.
Can’t make the whole conference?
Sessions will be recorded and made available to all registered attendees.
Queering Archival Spaces and Description: LGBTQ2+ Community history and language at The ArQuives
Something Wikid This Way Comes …
to the Centre for Newfoundland Studies
In my mind’s eye, I’m turning
How do readers make sense of active e-book indexes?”
The Autobiography of an Indexing Relationship
Quoting on Projects
The Polished Index: Upping your Indexing Game
How to build a satisfying client relationship
Indexing Standards. See NISO
The Spark is Curiosity: Becoming Practitioner-Researchers
The Road to the Ewart-Daveluy Award
Optional Program for New Indexers
Margaret De Boer
Payment of conference fees gives you access to three days of workshops and events, plus access to all the recorded sessions for 12 months.
|After April 30||$75||$100||$25||$10|
Time is running out if you want to register for the ISC/SCI conference and save….
Registration for the ISC/SCI Annual Conference is now open. Take advantage of these early bird…
The ISC/SCI is thrilled to announce that our next annual conference is taking place from…