- A freelance or in-house indexer, an editor, or a person interested in indexing?
- Fond of making complex information easily accessible to readers…through comprehensive and concise guides that are far superior to any computer-generated word-list?
- Longing for the stimulating exchange of ideas and advice with indexers through meetings of local groups, workshops, national and international conferences, and online discussion lists and chats?
Then you are invited to join the Indexing Society of Canada (ISC), Canada’s national association for creators of indexes in any medium.
Through our affiliation with other indexing societies around the world, our members are part of global community of like-minded people who enjoy the challenge of providing clear, concise, time-saving guides for readers and researchers.
Membership is open to any person, institution, corporation, and indexing service interested in the promotion of the Society’s objectives, on an individual or an institutional basis.
Benefits of Membership
When you become a member of the ISC, you will:
- Meet other indexers at regional get-togethers and our annual conference. Institutional members can send more than one person to the society’s annual conference.
- Be eligible to join our email and online chat forums, and benefit from the collective experience of our fellow members.
- Stay current with the ISC/SCI Bulletin (published three times a year).
- Improve your skills with members-only resources on this website.
- Be eligible to promote your services by listing in the Register of Indexers Available —an unbeatable value at $50 per year.
- Find your fellow members in the membership directory.
- Get the world perspective in The Indexer, the international journal of indexing, mailed to you four times a year.
- Get member discounts at conferences and webinars of our affiliated societies and on purchases of their publications.
Members may join as individuals, full time students, or institutions. If you want to start promoting your services on Find an Indexer right away, join as a Listed member. Or start with the Basic membership, and upgrade to Listed when you are ready.
You don’t have to be a Canadian resident to be a member. If you live outside Canada, you’ll get all the benefits of ISC membership for just $10 a year more.
Membership is annual. Payment can be made via credit card or your PayPal account, Interac transfer, or cheque.