Winnipeg, June 8 – 9, 2018
Fort Garry Hotel
Get into the flow and join us in Winnipeg for our 2018 conference.
- Discover the best tips and techniques for your indexing practice
- Explore new insights and ideas for your business and career
- Meet and mingle with colleagues old and new
Winnipeg is an extraordinary city situated on the Canadian Prairie at the crossroads of ancient North American canoe routes. Consider lingering a while to experience the rich multicultural heritage, the prairie landscape, and illuminating attractions such as the Canadian Museum for Human Rights (“the world’s only museum that explores human rights as a concept and aspiration”) and the Winnipeg Art Gallery (the largest collection of Inuit art in the world). Learn more about what to do while you are in Winnipeg.
View or download the program of speakers, sessions, and events.
To help you plan your travel, here’s the schedule of activities:
- Thursday, June 7: a pre-conference event, starting at 5:30
- Friday, June 8: breakfast, sessions from 9 until 5, and banquet dinner at 6:30
- Saturday, June 9: breakfast, sessions from 9 until 5, followed by a reception at the conference hotel
- Sunday, June 10, 9:00 to 12:00: Workshop: “Indexing for Multiple Outputs” presented by Cheryl Landes, renowned speaker and owner of Tabby Cat Communications. Learn more about the workshop, or go directly to Eventbrite to register.
Rates include continental breakfast (with protein), lunch, and snacks.
Early bird rates apply until April 20.
|Early Bird||After April 27||Early Bird||After April 27|
|Friday or Saturday only||150||175||200||225||75|
Fort Garry Hotel
As the Fort Garry is our conference venue, the special room rate of $154 (single or double) is available to attendees. Make your reservation by phone, using the Group Code 1104JR. Or just mention “Indexing Society of Canada.”
UWinnipeg Downtown Hostel: McFeetors Hall
For $65 single or $95 double, you can stay at the University of Winnipeg’s downtown hostel. The distance to the conference hotel is a 1.8 km (a 24 minute walk).