Stephen Ullstrom and Linda Christian, coordinators for the program, are excited to announce that the Mary Newberry Mentorship Program is now open to receive applications.
As announced at the ISC/SCI AGM in June 2018, this is a new initiative to help both new and mature indexers develop their skills and businesses, to promote excellence in indexing, and to foster relationships within the society.
This is also our first call for applications.
A few points to note:
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and will be treated on a first-come-first-serve basis. So get your applications in early.
- We will do our best to find an appropriate mentor, though we cannot guarantee a match or that a mentor will be available right away. We will reply within 30 days, at the latest, about the status of your application and whether we have been able to find a mentor.
- As this will be the first cohort, we will be capping the number of concurrent mentorships at six. This cap may change in the future as the program progresses.
- More information about the program is available at www.indexers.ca/mentorship.
- To apply, please fill out and submit the application form and the career development exercise to firstname.lastname@example.org. The forms are also available at www.indexers.ca/mentorship.
- Mentees accepted into the program will pay a $100 fee. This will be due after the mentee has been matched with a mentor.
Please ask if you have any questions. We are happy to answer.
We look forward to receiving your applications, and to fruitful mentorships.