The Mary Newberry Mentorship Program
ISC/SCI developed the Mary Newberry Mentorship Program in 2018. Stephen Ullstrom had the idea for the program and he and Linda Christian were the first co-coordinators. The Society named the program after ISC/SCI member Mary Newberry in recognition of her many years of mentorship and teaching.
The goals of the program are as follows:
- To assist new indexers to develop their skills and business.
- To assist mature indexers to develop a new discipline or skill.
- To provide an additional resource for indexers in remote communities, who may not have access to other resources or indexing communities.
- To foster relationships between new and mature ISC/SCI members, and to encourage greater involvement in the indexing community.
- To promote excellence in indexing.
September 2023: The program is under review and will be updated with new information soon. Please check back in a few weeks.