Margaret de Boer Indexing Services
I have over 25 years combined experience in book indexing, television news cataloguing, newspaper website database indexing, controlled vocabulary and thesaurus development, and proofreading online content. Specialty subjects include Indigenous content (including two volumes of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission report), economics, environmental studies, political science, and psychology.
I create accurate indexes which reflect the contents of the subject matter, pointing readers onto pathways to easily find the information they need. Through referrals and repeat business I have indexed projects both large and small. The final product is delivered on time to your specifications.
Formal education: B.A.(Sociology), B.Ed. (Elementary Education and School Librarianship), Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL 1 and 2), and Indexing for Books, Journals, and Reports (Ryerson)
Past-president of the Indexing Society of Canada (ISC/SCI)
- Arts and Humanities: Art and architecture, History, Religion and spirituality, Media studies
- Economy, politics and law: General, Business, Economics, Finance and taxation, Government and politics, Law, Military and defense
- Health and medicine: Psychology and mental health
- Industry and technology: Agriculture, Communications, Construction and real estate, Energy, Natural resources, Transportation
- International studies: Africa, Asia, Canadian studies, Europe, Developing countries, International relations
- Lifestyle and Leisure: Food and drink, Gardening, Crafts, Animals and pets, Interior design and decorating, Travel and tourism, Personal development
- Sciences: Biological sciences, Earth sciences, Ecology and environment, Veterinary medicine and animal science
- Society: Anthropology, Indigenous peoples, Culture, Education, Family, Gender studies, Senior studies, Child studies, Social activism, Sociology and social services, Urban studies
- Materials - Books: Scholarly books, Biographies and memoirs, Children and young adult, Guidebooks, Textbooks
- Materials - Other: Websites, Databases
- Other Skills: Taxonomies and thesaurus construction, Metadata, Proofreading