I’m Leah Horlick—a careful, thorough indexer with specialized training and experience working with sensitive subjects, confidential projects, and marginalized communities. Like many queer and racialized people, I have years of experience working as a peer in the frontline anti-violence field, providing mental health first aid and advocacy for queer & trans youth, sick & disabled children, and women surviving gender-based violence. My lived experience is augmented by a BA in Languages & Linguistics, an MFA in Creative Writing from the competitive residency program at UBC, and the acclaimed indexing course at UC Berkeley. I’m also a proud runner-up for the Indexing Society of Canada’s first-ever Equity & Diversity Bursary.
My indexing specialities are social justice movements, languages & linguistics, the fine arts, feminism and gender studies, mental health, Judaism and religious studies, German and Eastern European literature and history, and the LGBTQ2SIA+ community. With over ten years of experience navigating the publishing industry and supporting writers and thinkers who face barriers to career success, I know how important it is to find an indexer and editor who will treat your work on these topics with respect and nuance. Visit me online at horlickeditorial.ca, reach out at email@example.com, or contact me through the form on the right-hand side of this page to learn more about my rates and timelines. Looking forward to working together!
- Arts and Humanities: Art and architecture, History, Language and linguistics, Literature, Music, Religion and spirituality, Media studies
- Economy, politics and law: Government and politics
- Health and medicine: Psychology and mental health, Health Care
- International studies: Canadian studies, Europe
- Society: Culture, Education, Gender studies, Social activism, Sociology and social services, Urban studies
- Materials - Books: Scholarly books, Biographies and memoirs, Art and photography, Children and young adult
- Materials - Other: Academic papers and essays, Transcripts and minutes
- Other Skills: Consulting, Teaching/training, Editing, Proofreading, Writing