To have the Indexing Society of Canada / Société canadienne d’indexation (ISC/SCI) fully reflect the diversity of Canadian society and to be able to provide high quality indexes to diverse stakeholders outside the society.
- Recruit new people from diverse backgrounds who are interested in indexing as a career
- Support these new people who join ISC/SCI
- Encourage these new people to join committees and contribute
- Focus initially on individuals who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of colour)
- Begin dialogue with members about the importance of inclusivity, diversity, and equity
- Make cultural competency training available to members
- Foster a welcoming atmosphere for new visible minorities
Stakeholders outside Society
- Begin dialogue about ISC/SCI with visible minority and structurally disadvantaged community groups
- Publicize our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and anti-racism through public statements, support of industry propositions/statements/goals, inclusion of issues through conferences, and updates of committee though ISC website.
If you would join the committee or help us with the new Bursary for Structurally Disadvantaged People, please get in touch! siusanmoffat (at.) gmail (dot) com.