The Conference Committee invites your proposals for ISC/SCI Conference 2024.
Proposals are being accepted until October 31, 2023.
This is an online conference taking place on Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1, 2024. Sessions will be 50 minutes in total (35–40 minutes for presentation followed by a 10–15 minute question-and-answer session).
The committee is seeking proposals in the following areas:
- aspects of running an indexing business such as social media for marketing, profitability, project scheduling, website construction and management, connecting with clients and colleagues, etc.
- technology related to indexing such as devices or equipment, non-indexing software, apps, or AI
- improving/assessing index quality or usability from broad topics such as improving your speed to niche topics on specific languages, communities, or subjects
- non-back-of-book indexing such as taxonomy, controlled vocabularies, thesaurus development
- any niche or specialty topic you feel passionate about
Your application should include the following:
- application form
- description of proposed presentation (one page maximum in PDF format) with the following details
- working title
- outline of what will be covered
- format of presentation (speaker only, accompanying slides, interactive elements, handouts, etc.)
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org