June 12-13, 2020
Murray Premises Hotel
5 Becks Cove
St. John’s, Newfoundland
Join us in the friendliest and most down-to-earth place in Canada for our 2020 conference. For two days and during optional events before and after the conference, you will
- Discover tips and techniques for your indexing practice
- Explore new insights and ideas for your business
- Meet and mingle with your colleagues, old and new
The conference venue is the Murray Premises Hotel, a National Historic Site on the St. John’s waterfront. There are many attractions within walking distance, including excellent restaurants, cafes, shops, galleries, and history. We’ve negotiated special room rates for conference attendees.
St. John’s is North America’s oldest city, and a place that is on many Canadian travellers’ wish lists. Be sure to plan extra days for whale watching and icebergs, visiting picturesque fishing villages, and experiencing traditions of music, story-telling humour, art, craftsmanship, and Newfoundland cuisine.
Planning your trip
- Thursday, June 11 – Welcome events, including something special for new indexers
- Friday, June 12 – Sessions from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., including Annual General Meeting in the afternoon, followed by awards banquet
- Saturday, June 13 – Sessions from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. followed by post-conference event
- Sunday, June 14 – Possible optional workshop or event
Note: Breakfast will not be provided at the conference. If you are staying at the Murray Premises Hotel, breakfast is included in your room rate. If you are staying at other accommodations, there are plenty of opportunities to find breakfast on the way to the conference. However there will be tea, coffee, snacks and lunch provided during the conference.
Murray Premises Hotel (also Conference Venue)
5 Becks Cove, St. John’s, NL A1C 6H1
Murray Premises Hotel is located in a National Historic Site on the St. John’s waterfront, with rooms radiating character through exposed 19th century wooden beams, contemporary furnishings and luxurious touches. Atmosphere is paired with a prime location: minutes’ walk from restaurants, quaint shops, and other sites.