Chickadee Valley Editorial
I create back-of-book indexes using concise, straight-forward language focused on the needs of the reader.
My experience and expertise include: food & cookbooks – vegan/vegetarian cooking, and food allergies; arts & crafts – knitting, sewing, fibre arts, leathercraft, woodworking, drawing; animal care and grooming; nature, gardening, sustainable living, and alternative construction; homeschooling; and family history memoirs.
My indexing training was completed with University of Berkeley – Indexing: Theory and Application. My professional development includes: Toronto Metropolitan University – Editing Recipes and Cookbooks; and Culinary Indexing – American Society for Indexing.
I completed the copyediting program at Simon Fraser university and am a member of Editors Canada. My editing experience includes cookbooks, culinary newsletters, online scientific journals, corporate proposals and user documentation; workplace arbitration reports; blogs; and family history memoirs.
You can visit my website or reach me using the contact form on this page.
- Arts and Humanities: Archaeology and ancient history, Art and architecture, History
- Health and medicine: Alternative health, Health Care
- Lifestyle and Leisure: Food and drink, Gardening, Crafts, Animals and pets, Sports, fitness, and recreation, Travel and tourism, Personal development
- Sciences: Ecology and environment
- Materials - Books: Biographies and memoirs, Cookbooks, Guidebooks, Manuals and how-to books
- Other Skills: Editing, Proofreading