Cameron Duder Editing, Indexing & Evaluation
I am a Victoria-based indexer, editor, and program evaluator. I have extensive experience indexing books in the arts and humanities, social sciences, and other fields. I specialize in history, cultural studies, gender and sexuality studies, literary and performance studies, anthropology, sociology, and social work.
I hold a PhD in history from the University of Victoria (Canada) and am a published academic author. One of my articles was awarded the 2003 Canadian Committee on Women’s History Hilda Neatby Prize for Best Article in Canadian Women’s History (English-language) and the 2004 Canadian Committee on the History of Sexuality award for Best Article in the History of Sexuality in Canada. My book Awfully Devoted Women (UBC Press) was selected for the 2011 Over the Rainbow Books list and the 2011-2012 BC Books for BC Schools list.
- Arts and Humanities: Art and architecture, History, Literature, Philosophy, Media studies
- Economy, politics and law: General, Government and politics, Law
- Health and medicine: Psychology and mental health, Health Care
- International studies: Africa, Asia, Canadian studies, Europe, Developing countries, Australia and Oceania, Latin America and the Caribbean, United States, International relations
- Sciences: Ecology and environment
- Society: Anthropology, Indigenous peoples, Culture, Education, Family, Gender studies, Senior studies, Child studies, Social activism, Sociology and social services, Urban studies
- Materials - Books: Scholarly books, Trade monographs, Biographies and memoirs, Art and photography, Textbooks, Bibliographies
- Materials - Other: Academic papers and essays, Government materials, Reports, Policies and procedures, Periodicals and almanacs, Personal files and correspondence
- Other Skills: Editing, Proofreading, Research and fact-checking, Writing