Winnipeg, June 8 – 9, 2018
Fort Garry Hotel
Get into the flow and join us in Winnipeg for our 2018 conference.
- Discover the best tips and techniques for your indexing practice
- Explore new insights and ideas for your business and career
- Meet and mingle with colleagues old and new
Winnipeg is an extraordinary city situated on the Canadian Prairie at the crossroads of ancient North American canoe routes. Consider lingering a while to experience the rich multicultural heritage, the prairie landscape, and illuminating attractions such as the Canadian Museum for Human Rights (“the world’s only museum that explores human rights as a concept and aspiration”) and the Winnipeg Art Gallery (the largest collection of Inuit art in the world). Learn more about what to do while you are in Winnipeg.
View or download the conference program.
To help you plan your travel, here’s the schedule of activities:
- Thursday, June 7: a pre-conference event, starting at 5:30
- Friday, June 8: breakfast, sessions from 9 until 5, and banquet dinner at 6:30
- Saturday, June 9: breakfast, sessions from 9 until 5, followed by a reception at the conference hotel
- Sunday, June 10, 9:00 to 12:00: Workshop: “Indexing for Multiple Outputs” presented by Cheryl Landes, renowned speaker and owner of Tabby Cat Communications.
Donations and Sponsorships
Thank you to the following people and organizations who provided door prizes and equipment for our conference. You helped make it a success.
- Carol Saller Fisher and the University of Chicago Press
- Frances Curry
- Mary Newberry
- McNally Robinson Booksellers
- Fernwood Publishing
- Nan Badgett
- Frances Lennie at Indexing Research
- Gregory Younging
- Wolseley Wool
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Unifor Local #4209
- Fort Garry Hotel
- 2018 Conference Survey
- A big thank you to our conference donors and sponsors
- Another Successful Conference
- 2018 Conference Photos Here!
- Bidding on an index? Be like the Spiderman of Paris
- A precious resource
- Exploring usability
- Patterns of indexing careers
- The scent of information
- ISC/SCI Unveils 2018 Conference Program | Early Bird Pricing Closes Soon
- Post-Conference Sunday: Embedded indexing
- New ideas where you weren’t looking
- A Fine Balance
- Cuts after cuts
- Early Bird Registration Now Open
- Doing the right thing by the author and the reader
- Every Three Months a Treasure
- A Unique Plug-in Opportunity
- Our Conference Venue – the Iconic Fort Garry Hotel
- Save the date